Without help in terms of time, money, materials and sometimes just good advice, Goulburn Wetlands would still be a vacant weedy paddock. We may not yet have come a terribly long way from that (yes, it is definitely a work in progress) but the distance we’ve traveled reflects the help of so many in the community.
Below then is a list of our sponsors to date. The words in red indicate an active site. Click on them and you will be taken to their web page.
- $70,000 has been sourced by The Goulburn Group from the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program for Stage 1 (complete May 2012).
- In 2012 Goulburn Mulwaree Council supplemented this grant with an additional $25,000 and, in 2013, an extra $50,000
- The Hawkesbury Nepean Catchment Management Authority contributed $20,000 in 2012 and an additional $19,000 in 2013
- Divalls Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage provided over $10,000 worth of materials and labour in 2012 and 2013
- The Hon. Pru Goward, NSW Member for Goulburn, provided $11,500 for the purchase of the first bird hide
- Wolfcon Pty Ltd has donated over $10,000 worth of mowing, slashing and weed eradication in 2012 and 2013
- We have also received several anonymous donations of approximately $1,000
- Middle Arm Tarlo Bushfire Brigade has donated time and labour to help eradicate noxious weeds in 2012
- Southern Tablelands Group of Australian Plant Society has contributed over $7,000 through sourcing, propagation, cultivation and provision of local native plants
- Goulburn Garden Club Inc. gave us a cheque for $250 in May 2013.
- The NSW Environment Trust has provided a grant of $99116 for Stage 2 of our restoration and reconstruction in August 2013.
- The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has provided a grant of $39,224 for tracks, drainage and bird hides in September 2013.
- Other in-kind contributors include Goulburn Mulwaree Council as well as The Goulburn Group, Goulburn Field Naturalists Society, TAFE, Goulburn High School, Mulwaree High School and other community groups.